Idea Box: Overdose Awareness
The +PYD Opioid Task Force has taken over the Main Library Idea Box in August to help raise awareness, provide prevention education, and inform on the opioid crisis.
Task force members will also host “office hours” throughout the month, including Narcan trainings, drug disposal kits, and many other resources available in the community (see schedule below).
Then on International Overdose Awareness Day, Thursday August 31, from 3-5:30 pm, they will be in Scoville Park for the resource and remembrance fair. Speakers start right around 5 pm, and the event ends with a candlelight vigil to remember those who we have lost.
Open hours with +PYD Opioid Task Force: Narcan trainings and resources
- Rush Substance Use Disorder Center of Excellence: August 9, 2-4 pm
- Live4Lali: August 10, 12-2 pm; and August 24, 4-6pm
- Village of Oak Park Department of Public Health: August 11, 9-10:30am; and August 25, 9 am-12 pm
- Riveredge Hospital: August 17, 12-2pm
- The Way Back Inn: August 16, 17 & 18, 3-5pm
- Community Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township: August 15, 22, & 29, 9-11am